“ Claire and John’s pro-active approach to the injustices that so many women and children suffer in our community is to be commended and supported. I hope people will recognise the value of their work and support this project.
Theatre is all about telling the untold stories and these stories need to be heard by us all.”
MOCKINGBIRD HIGH is empty and dark. However, in a locked classroom, deep in the basement, a light still burns. Two pupils are conducting an unusual experiment – the trial of their Mother for neglect and abuse. If guilty, there’s only one sentence – death…
is a compelling and lyrical account of the
devastating impact of domestic abuse on two teenage children and their mother.
Exploring the ‘cycle of violence’, safeguarding, sexual bullying, patterns of abusive behaviour and the long-term impact on children. An essential experience for anyone working in the field of safeguarding children.
Contains strong language
Photo Credits: Garry Cook
Book your performance now
We have a limited number of dates for Nov/Dec 2021 for live performances
Bookings for the digital package are now being taken for 2022
A new digital Theatre Package!
We have successfully secured funding to develop a digital theatre and training package of our acclaimed production MOCKINGBIRD HIGH
– A filmed version of our original drama MOCKINGBIRD HIGH which can be streamed online
– A filmed Q&A with the writers and actors
– A downloadable support resource for community groups and support staff/organisations working with children and young people
– A live online Q&A with the company to explore the issues raised and their relevance to your work practice or personal experience
– Accreditation through CPD
Thank you to everyone who has supported our fundraising efforts on GIVEY. Any funds we raise now will go towards making the package available to groups working with children.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Stay in touch